It is hard to believe, but summer is right around the corner, Sue Kimbrell, a fifth grade teacher at John Hole Elementary, will be directing Camp Invention this summer!
Camp Invention, a one week STEM enrichment summer camp for rising first-sixth graders, will be held at Watts Middle School the week of June 12-16 from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. with all new programming for an exciting adventure! Download a flyer for more information.
At Camp Invention this year, the kids will be doing the following:
- Become on entrepreneur and bring on a duct tape invention to a mock market
- Launch their businesses and pitch their products to mock investors
- Build on air cannon that can demonstrate how air moves in response to force
- Employ the concepts of physics and motion to engineer aerodynamic water rockets out of plastic water bottles that can soar more than 50 feet
- Terraform a new planet and explore rocket science
- Create a real working alarm box that sounds off when somebody opens it
Two discount options are available:
- For the general public, there is a $15 discount if registered before May 1.
- Students whose parents are Centerville Schools employees receive a $30 discount (must register with their school email address).
If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Kimbrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 434-0725.